What's the aim of WhereCanWeGo.com
To be a comprehensive guide to what's on throughout the country- ranging from the smallest village show or sale to events of national prominence. All are listed (without fear of favour!) closest first to potentially cut down on wasted travel. WhereCanWeGo.com aims to:
- Encourage people to be active and involved in their communities and interests
- Provide a one-stop source of comprehensive and up-to-date family-orientated information on events, presented closest-first.
- Allow organisers of events of all sizes the opportunity to promote their events free of charge.
- Remove once and for all the excuse of saying 'There's nothing to do around here...!'
- Posting events as early as possible helps avoid clashing arrangements nearby.
- WhereCanWeGo's search facility means visitors to every area (on holiday, staying with friends, re-locating etc) can check what's on as easily as near their own homes.
Who's behind it?
WhereCanWeGo was founded in 2004 by John South, an IT consultant, and Kimble Earl, a marketing specialist. The service was launched publicly in the summer of 2005 after a year or so of research and development.
Says Kimble: "We all know the feelings: Saturday turns out wet and the family is bored. We're on holiday and have a free day. It's a quiet moment in half-term and we just want something interesting to do. We want to plan our long weekend away.
Until now finding out what is on within sensible travelling distance is a problem. Local newspapers - if to hand - may only have limited information from local event organisers who pay for advertising space. National newspapers and magazines are so expensive to advertise in that only the largest of the large can afford to feature in their columns. Tourist Information Centres - when open - are helpful but only have limited time to spare for telephone callers. Trawling the web is time consuming and frustrating - with endless outdated or irrelevant information and far from complete; there's plenty of detail on specialist sites, but it's a question of finding them…
WhereCanWeGo seeks to solves the problem. It's Britain's on-line, comprehensive what's on diary - developed as a service to the community. It needs the support of users and event organisers to be a success - we want every event to be on board!"